Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Lazy Liberal Academics

Of all my colleagues, I'm the only one that puts in a full day at the office. The rest of my colleagues come in for the classes and office hours and leave campus as fast as they can. I suppose it is possible that they could be working at home. But, it isn't clear to me that they are. In fact, I pretty sure most of them aren't. Many of my colleagues are older, their careers are coming to a close. So, I don't fault them too much for not putting in a full day at the office. But, a good portion of my liberal colleagues have a lazy attitude towards work. They're free-riders. They live off the fat of the state, who pays their salaries. But, they typically don't contribute back to the common good the amount from it that they take.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home