Thursday, March 24, 2005

Republican Split over Schiavo?

Well, I've been watching the news most of the day as I've been working on a paper for a conference, and I have to say it doesn't look good. Looks like the battle over Terry Schiavo is causing a rift between conservatives. I'm a thoroughgoing federalist, which means that I'm in favor of a limited government. And, the Federal government's intervention into the life of a single individual, when there is reason to believe that person did not want to live in this condition, is a serious overstepping into what should be a state issue. The outcome is of course horrible, morally speaking. But, just because federalism doesn't always give us the outcome we want doesn't mean that we abandon it as a core principle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home